Tuesday 21 May 2013

Creating a wet-room

Bathroom Wet-rooms have risen in popularity in the last couple of years with more and more people opting to convert their conventional family bathrooms into one which a tiled area thus creating a wet-room. In theory any home can create a wet-room but there are certain factors to consider before making the change. 




Size

If you are converting your large family bathroom them a wet-room is ideal, the tiled area will more than contain the water flow from your shower, if how ever you are converting a smaller bathroom you may need to use a shower screen to prevent water from escaping, the last thing you want it a wet hall way or landing.





Drainage

If you like me are lucky enough to have a clever husband who can tile your bathroom then count yourself lucky as a professional can be costly. You will need to create a gradient so that the water flows effectively towards the drainage area, if you do not create an effect gradient you may have problems with excess water laying on the tiles. The most popular method is to install a sub-floor made from Plywood which can then easily be tiled over.




Waterproofing

Although your tiles will be waterproof it is important to prime the floor before tiling commences to make sure any gaps and cracks do not allow water to seep through the tiled area.

Once you have dealt with the boring bits you can focus on the pretty new bathroom you have created, choose a large shower head and bathroom accessories to really give your bathroom the WOW factor, I have picked a few of my favourite wet-rooms, let me know what you think and I hope you found this blog post useful!





8 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing nice information with us. I would like to suggest to my friends to go through once.
    Wet Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some great ideas there, i would also recommend using Tile backer board when you are building wet rooms, helps with tiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Post!! Great Interior Design its very useful for me to build my Home Designs. Thank you..!! Keep sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our the purpose is to share the reviews about the latest Jackets,Coats and Vests also share the related Movies,Gaming, Casual,Faux Leather and Leather materials available Lee Byung‑Hun I Saw The Devil Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  5. I must say that you are my favourite author. You always bring surprised things for me everytime I see your articles. Great efforts!!. Star Lord Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read this article. I think You put a lot of effort to create this article. I appreciate your work. Selena Quintanilla Astros Jacket

    ReplyDelete
  7. I read your entire blog. Its very informative and interesting. Thanks for sharing this amazing content. Jimmy Hurdstrom Red Hoodie

    ReplyDelete